Mindfulness for Teens
Nurturing mindful teachers is an important first step in bringing mindfulness to schools. Our next step is to support our students with learning opportunities that cultivate the social and emotional skills that will help them lead happy and successful lives. Helping our youth learn the skills to care for themselves and others may be some of the most important work we can engage in as educational institutions.
The Inner Strength Teen Mindfulness Program
The Inner Strength Teen Program is an evidence-based mindfulness curriculum that combines stress reduction, mindful focus, and empathy building tools with systems thinking. Through the Inner Strength System thousands of teens in Philadelphia are learning to de-stress, think systemically, and develop care for themselves and others.
I currently work with the Inner Strength Foundation facilitating The Inner Strength Teen Program in two high schools in Philadelphia. I am inspired and motivated to offer this unique Mindfulness Program to other secondary students in New Jersey and Pennsylvania in the new year.
This Program Consists of:
- Twelve consecutive weekly lessons
- An in-school program that runs for the duration of a class period and is part of the student's regular curriculum
- Mindfulness tools and practices that help students learn how to de-stress and practice self-care
- Age-appropriate contextual lessons on mindfulness, cultural development, systemic & integrated thinking, evolutionary biology, neuroscience, the adolescent brain, the art of relationship, and compassion.
- Lessons that facilitate the exploration of the nature of mind, thought, and awareness through six evidence-based mindfulness practices
- Interactive, engaging, and fun lessons that allow for discussion and discovery
Sharing practices such as meditation, mindful movement, pausing, and inquiry, we can help our students relate differently to the stressors in their lives. Kindness, strength, creativity, and compassion are nurtured and this gives students the opportunity to thrive and realize their potential.
For more information or to explore ways to bring this program to your school, please send an email to: